Monday, January 26, 2009

My Deviation
Rules

1. Must consist of at least three levels.
2. Does not have to be made can be found.
3. Don't overlook anything.

My sculptural exploration started out with a trip to Sam's club for some new back tires. With the idea of finding sculpture or making it randomly from stuff in a store I was excited to be in Sam's Club. With a variety of objects at my disposal I perused the store looking for unique and entertaining this to shoot. My first sculptural find was in the form of massive amounts of makeup bags pilled on top of each other in varying ways. Second was a series of loose shoes that I arrange by sticking them into each other for this wacky arrangement.








With all these wonderful experiments behind me what did I take away from the exploration? I found that anything can be considered a sculpture found or made. I think back to those strange shadow forms made of rotting junk or how in the cj common area at night there is a cast shadow of the iron giant from the movie "Iron Giant". Sculpture doesn't always have to be refined and placed on a pillar to be looked at and thought about. I found interest and strange things in the most unlikely of places.

1 comment:

  1. seems you have an interest in stacking (so do i). you should now take your images and pair them with texts found from the readings. images on one set of cards, texts on the other and just shuffle them around until you find a connection. this would be your summary, or connection for this experience.

    ReplyDelete